Friday 15 June 2012

16 June (Youth Day)

Haha, this morning my neighbour came knocking to my door at 7am to ask if she can borrow my old high school uniform, it didn't register in my head what she wanted it for until i realised today is Youth Day and its normally a day alot of our parents wear school uniform in honour of the hundreds of Soweto schoolchildren that lost their lives on that day (16 June 1976).
I'll be real with yo'll, i have alot to be thankful about cause for starters, from the 1st grade to matric afrikaans was one hell of a subject that really showed me flames and if the class of 1976 didn't protest against it back then, chances are i would've dropped out years ago or something.
So to all the vandals, Skhotanas, Thug Life- wanna-be gangsters and hoes etc.. Today you're standing on a gold mine of opportunities, don't let it go to waste.
Enjoy your and God bless!!!

-M.G


If you wanna learn more about the history of this day, check out this website:
http://www.southafrica.info/about/history/soweto-150606.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment